Friday, November 26, 2010

Driving in Times Square

Today was a 'free' day because today - was the black friday sales and no one wanted to be tied down in a group! This is one of the highest grossing days in the american calandar becuase when Americans have sales they mean it!


It was chaos everywhere! 


Stef and I made the executive decision to avoid fith ave at all costs due to the claustrophobia that was bound to surround us! Instead we stayed up all night googling and plotting a list of 23 vintage and designer stores in SoHo, NoHo and West Village - and man oh man did it pay off!


Personally I got a ridiculous amount of beautiful things, my favourites being my new clear blue scalloped cat eye frames and my black waisted scalloped vintage valentino skirt! So amazing. 
But it still doesnt come close to stef's incredible purchase - A vintage coutour japanese gown made out of copious scarves from the neck to the ground. Words cant do this dress justice but its incredible!


Some other amazing things!


 Oh Nespresso - you genius invention!


Bag made out of real bones??
SQUIRREL!

After a seriously tiring day of shopping in New York City I met up with a friend of mine from Jersey who I met in Brazil last year! It was incredible to catch up after so long! My friend decided to take me on a tour of NYC - local style! We even drove through times square and I won't lie, no matter how good friends we are I still feared for my life!


After a motor tour of NYC we headed to a tiny creperie in China Town for crepes and headed back to the hostel - I had been informed earlier of 'free booze, doughnuts and comedy'! Upon getting home to the dingy hostel we realised the comedy show was over however there was four guys from england staying the hostel who were playing music and they were awesome!!


Yet again a fabulous night in NYC - How am I going to adjust to boring Brisbane ever again?

No comments:

Post a Comment