Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hell On Earth

Here's the lowdown.


There was a broken clip to an air-conditioner duct on my brisbane to sydney flight and thus we boarded and were told to get off then half an hour later - we re boarded. This lengthy waste of time resulted in me missing every other flight I had planned for the trip.


I ended up finally getting to sydney where I was delayed for a further 4 hours then I finally got onto my Sydney LA flight which was actually really fun as I made two friends on the flight who were both babes and genuinely hilarious people who coincidentally study at UQ! 


After that I was delayed another 3 hours until my New York flight, In that time I had to clear customs and apparently Re-check my bags becuase the only way qantas could fix my flights was to re ticket me with a different airline. That sucked. I got so lost that a one armed baggage handler saved me and walked with me to check my bags. He was an absolute gem.


I finally got everything done and arrived in new york only to break the final straw - it took an hour and a half for my bags to come of the stupid baggage thing. 'W'itch from hell?


I know I sound like a complete nag, but the upside to this 31 hour journey is that my cabbie took me through a tour of the city and i am now in my grungely chic little hostel and cannot wait to wake up tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment