Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Havana Nights



Today our main agenda was simply to work our way through Mark's ever so wonderful list of secondhand, vintage and op shops! Anyone who has ever met (Or looked at)  me would have understood how excited I was about today - and with good reason!


Second hand shopping is in no way like it is at home - everything is designer for a start!
That definately had to be the best part about this day, everywhere we went we were blown away with the amount of high fashion labels we were confronted with! It was a frenzy! I myself managed to get a number of seriously awesome bargains including my new favourite black, green and gold escada belt from an OP SHOP!! Aside from that, we didnt seem to run into any vintage stores like retro metro etc... it was nice for a change but still a little dampening as i love eccentric vintage!




Another of my favourite things about new york was the abundance of beautiful and cheap flowers on every street corner! When I eventually live in New York I will be making sure my house is FULL of flowers!




Some beautiful vintage garments Stef and I tried on!

New York Slice!




After our long day of vintage shopping I picked up stef and we went back to Saks - I was planning on actually purchasing the Oscar De La Renta earrings and stef wanted to put on one of the McQueen gowns. However the earrings had been sold and so had the dress! What a dampening evening! After this we met up with jane, grace and a few of the other girls and went on a quest for noodles! Unfortunately we roamed times square till 9:30pm and couldn't find any sign of japanese food thus we headed back to chelsea where there is only an abundance of food and we ended up in the cuban resturant near the hostel. 







Cocktails in NYC with a group of your friends? I'd say our night/day was 100% satisfied



No comments:

Post a Comment