Monday, November 22, 2010

Shake Shack

Today was incredible!


We woke up bright and early and fortunately to suit my mood today was a 'free' day.


Unfortunately for us however we were a bit too bright and early for the staff of Alexander McQueen as they were still closed at 9:30am.  I am determined to revisit and lay eyes on the final collection produced from this god. After this we went to this gorgeous park called the High Line It was gorgeous and the view was amazing. It was created from an abandoned elevated railway and is 1.45 'miles' long!  It was situated next to the most architecturally amazing hotel developed by Andre Balázs. The location of this beautiful destination is in a stretch in the far West Village near the meat packing district, which has become one of the trendiest neighborhoods in New York!


Hotel by Andre Balázs






High Line Park




The colours of all the plants just screamed autumn in new york and I think the constant re appearance of these warm colours could definitely inspire some element of my collection next year. 




From there we quite literally didn't stop walking and travelled into SoHo to go shopping. 


 This chair is entirely made out of keys! It was outside a key cutters store which was entirely covered in keys - only in New York. 
Awesome retro cafe! 

My first bagel in New York!  I plan on having a bagel with cream cheese daily - and I mean it! 

Gorgeous buildings. What I would give to live in one of these apartments! So ho is just so beautiful!


I made some absolutely amazing purchases and am considering using this blog basically as a tribute to all the amazing stuff I keep buying!! Everything is amazing (And i know i keep repeating 'amazing' but there is just no other word for it!) I havent even visited Saks yet (not that i'll actually be able to afford anything) but i am SO excited!




My favourite first day purchase - the aaaahhmazing pink wooden sandal clogs!


My night was just as gorgeous as my day.
I met up with a good friend of mine who has been living in italy for the last 5 months, Alex,  and we went to this beautiful outdoor  resturant in a park called the shake shack. It was covered with fairy lights - and opposite the Flat Iron building! so beautiful!







I then visited a classic all american dive bar where we drank $8 dollar frozen strawberry margaritas.




This is Alex!


All in all a pretty fabulous first day/night!

No comments:

Post a Comment